- The birds in Wollongong sound like screaming dinosaurs.
- Vegemite is a two biter type of food (aka it’s something you need to get used to).
- People say “no worries” instead of “your welcome”.
- Everyone drives like crazy maniacs.
- There are no free ways.
- You must duck under waves in the ocean rather than trying to jump over them.
- Clothes are SO expensive here.
- Fries are called chips.
- Q-tips are called earbuds.
- X-finity does not work overseas.
- There are less people who live in Australia than in the state of California.
- There is a one dollar and two dollar coin that are frequently used.
- Almost every food is served with beetroot.
- The average amount of money spent on a night out is about $100. (drinks are so expensive)
- Most people don’t have laundry machines. Clothes lines are used instead.
- Tap to pay is used instead of the chip. This consists of tapping the card on the reader and its automatically scanned instantly.
- Coffee shops are typically mom and pop shops. Not chains.